Urban & Global Campus News
The Department of History is now home to students across four WSU campuses! Please join us in celebrating the amazing accomplishments of our regional campus communities!
Department of History, WSU Vancouver
- Assistant Professor Andra Chastain celebrated the publication of her co-edited book, Itineraries of Expertise, and was selected by students to receive the Students’ Award for Teaching Excellence! Read about Chastain’s new book, and learn more about her teaching award!
- Professor Susan Peabody continues to receive tremendous accolades for her multi-prize-winning book, Madeleine’s Children: Family, Freedom, Secrets and Lies in France’s Indian Ocean Colonies. Furthermore, Madeleine’s Children was recently published as Les enfants de Madeleine: Famille, liberté, secrets et mensonges dans les colonies françaises de l’océan indien, translated and adapted by Pierre H. Boulle (Paris: Karthala, 2019). Learn more about the published translation here! Peabody was also selected as a fellow to the Camargo Foundation residential program in Cassis, France.
- Instructor Donna Sinclair, PhD, published a new book, co-authored with Gloria D. Brown, Women in Green: Gloria Brown and the Unmarked Trail to Forest Service Leadership, with a forward by WSU Vancouver history professor Laurie Mercier.
- Instructor and Academic Advisor Aaron Whelchel, PhD, is one of 27 faculty members named to the 2019–20 WSU President’s Teaching Academy! Learn more about the President’s Teaching Academy and the three History faculty members who recently were selected to the program!
Department of History, WSU Tri-Cities
- Professor Robert Bauman was named academic director for Arts and Sciences on the Tri-Cities campus!
- Scholarly Assistant Professor Tracey Hanshew has a new publication. Oklahoma Rodeo Women, which is under contract and forthcoming with Arcadia Publishing-The History Press. Learn more about Hanshew’s publications!
- After 10 years of service to Washington State University, Steven Hoch has announced his retirement! Thank you Professor Hoch!
Department of History, WSU Global Campus
- Congratulations and best of luck to all of our graduating Global Campus seniors!
- Special kudos to our 2020 Global Campus Outstanding Senior, Dan Menne!
- Global Campus Students: Watch for the Virtual Student Lounge to be launched summer 2020!
- Looking for a CAPS course? HIST 495: Space, Place, and Power in History: Historical Geography in Global Perspective is being offered this fall!
- New Course! HIST 466: The History of the Cold War is coming soon!
- Did you know that History offers 3-week intersession courses? Check the fall schedule for details!