The upper division courses must be taken in residence at WSU etc.
Asia’s population, economic power, cultural influence, political volatility, environmental impacts, and military threats make it the world’s most dynamic region, and its importance will continue to grow in the coming generations. Learning about it is more critical than ever. The minor in Modern Asia is designed to deepen students’ appreciation of the complexity and diversity of the region encompassing East Asia, South Asia, and the Middle East.
Students who focus on one country or region will also develop pan-Asian perspectives.
- The minor requires a 2.0 GPA
- A minimum of 18 credits taken from:
- ASIA 201, 301, 303; HISTORY/ASIA 270, 271, 272, 273, 275, 373, 374, 387, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 483, 499
- 9 of the 18 credits must be upper division
- Grade of C or better is required in all coursework for the minor
These courses must be taken in residence at WSU, through WSU Global Campus, or through departmental approval of education abroad or educational exchange courses.