- Bernard Bobb Award for Best Teaching Assistant Instructor
Awarded to graduate students for excellence as the best teaching assistant instructor. Nominations are sponsored by department faculty in the fall.
- Claudius O. & Mary W. Johnson Graduate Fellowship
Provides for graduate fellowships in history while simultaneously offering additional exposure to programs sponsored through the Foley Institute. This recipient of this fellowship is chosen annually by the Department of History in partnership with the Director of the Foley Institute.
- Cooney Family Graduate Research Scholarship
Provides fellowship stipends to graduate students within the department. This funding is intended to be used by recipients for research expenses outside of the United States.
- David H. Stratton
Awarded to a PhD student for the best dissertation completed within the department. This award is distributed once every four years.
- Department of History Graduate Research Fellowship
Awarded to graduate students to assist in the funding of research.
- Edward M. & Margery H. Bennett History Fellowship
Provides a fellowship award to a graduate student in the Department of History who is studying the history of American foreign relations. If there are no qualified applicants in this area of study, then the fellowship my be awarded to a graduate student studying American political history.
- Frederick and Liselotte Dumin Memorial Scholarship
Potentially awarded to either an undergraduate or graduate student studying within the Department of History. Nominations are made during the fall semester.
- Herman J. Deutsch Memorial Fellowship
Awarded to graduate students studying public history or history of the Pacific Northwest while demonstrating outstanding academic ability.
- Middle East History Research and Scholarship Fund
Awarded to a graduate or undergraduate student with an outstanding record to support research and study of the Middle East encompassing Egypt and the Levant, North Africa, Iraq, Iran, and Turkey.
- Morris Reed Scholarship in History
At least one scholarship is awarded per academic year to either an undergraduate or graduate student demonstrating outstanding academic progress.
- Paul C. Anderson Scholarship in History
Provided for undergraduate scholarships or graduate fellowships in history.
- Raymond Muse History Scholarship
Awarded to undergraduate majors or graduate students with an outstanding academic record.
- Sherman and Mabel Smith Pettyjohn Memorial Fund
Awarded to a graduate student who’s research is devoted to the history of the Pacific Northwest.
- Stan Berry & Siu Family Lifetime Friendship Endowment
Provides scholarship to an international student who is focusing on European history or an international student in the Department of History. If no students meeting the previously listed qualifications apply, then a history student focusing on European history may be awarded.
- Wayne Stanford History Scholarship
Provides scholarship to one undergraduate student as well as one graduate student per academic year. The undergraduate student must be either a junior or a senior. Two undergraduate or two graduate awards may be made if no qualified students apply from the other level.
- William D. Aiken Memorial Fund
Provided for undergraduate scholarships or graduate fellowships in history, as well as general support for scholarly activity and travel relevant to the study of history
- Winston B. Thorson Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to students of the Department of History who demonstrate scholastic excellence and outstanding character.